- Fisv300 Fischer Vinylester Chemical Anchor 300ml$24.90Model: FISV300 QCode: 131158
- FISV410 Fischer Vinylester Chemical Anchor 410g$29.90Model: FISV410 QCode: 131149
- MIT-SP PLUS 300G MUNGO Polyester Chemical Anchor$17.24Out of stockModel: MUCMTSP01710050 QCode: 159369
- MIT-SE PLUS 300G MUNGO Vinylester Chemical Anchor$21.85Out of stockModel: 8MITSE300 QCode: 158856
- Silicone Cartridge Caulking Gun Heavy Duty Trade QualityDon't pay $46.74Regular Price $46.74 Special Price $33.91Model: 106617-1 QCode: 129934
- MIT-SE PLUS 400G MUNGO Vinylester Chemical Anchor$25.30Out of stockModel: 8MITSE400 QCode: 158857
- MIT-SE PLUS 400G MUNGO Vinylester Chemical Anchor - Box of 12$273.24Out of stockModel: 8MITSE400-12 QCode: 159265
- Mungo 400ml Gun for Chemical Anchoring (MIT-PP-H2 MIT: 400)$49.90Model: MUCMTPH21710009 QCode: 160291
- M10 x 130mm CHEM STUD ANCHOR KIT GALVANISED HEC / CLASS 5.8 CHISEL POINT X 10pc$12.65Model: CSCPG5.810130-10 QCode: 126817
- M12 x 160mm CHEM STUD ANCHOR KIT GALVANISED HEC / CLASS 5.8 CHISEL POINT X 10pc$16.56Model: CSCPG5.812160-10 QCode: 126816
- M16 x 190mm CHEM STUD ANCHOR KIT GALVANISED HEC / CLASS 5.8 CHISEL POINT X 10pc$31.94Model: CSCPG5.816190-10 QCode: 126815
- M20 x 260mm CHEM STUD ANCHOR KIT GALVANISED HEC / CLASS 5.8 CHISEL POINT X 10pc$65.06Model: CSCPG5.820260-10 QCode: 126814
- M24 x 300mm CHEM STUD ANCHOR KIT GALVANISED HEC / CLASS 5.8 CHISEL POINT X 5pc$54.41Model: CSCPG5.824300-10 QCode: 126813
- Alpha 12.0mm x 260mm SDS Plus German 2 Cutter Masonry Drill BitDon't pay $32.21Regular Price $32.21 Special Price $18.74Model: SP120260G QCode: 129252
- Alpha 14.0mm x 260mm SDS Plus German 2 Cutter Masonry Drill BitDon't pay $42.46Regular Price $42.46 Special Price $24.70Model: SP140260G QCode: 129274
- Alpha 18.0mm x 300mm SDS Plus German 2 Cutter Masonry Drill BitDon't pay $80.07Regular Price $80.07 Special Price $46.58Model: SP180300G QCode: 129245
- 24.0 X 450Mm Sds Germany Masonry Drill BitDon't pay $196.39Regular Price $196.39 Special Price $114.26Model: SP240450G QCode: 129236
- M12 x 50mm Universal Sleeve for chemical anchor (Pack of 10) (M8 Stud)$8.63Model: ACISP120502 QCode: 160592
- M15 x 85mm Universal Sleeve for chemical anchor (Pack of 10) (M10 or m12 Stud)$9.09Model: ACISP150852 QCode: 160594
- M15 x 130mm Universal Sleeve for chemical anchor (Pack of 10) (M10 or m12 Stud)$11.39Model: ACISP151302 QCode: 160516
- M20 x 85mm Universal Sleeve for chemical anchor (Pack of 10) (M16 Stud)$11.39Model: ACISP200852 QCode: 160593
- 14mm x 400mm Hole Brush 71B14$4.51Model: 71B14 QCode: 160277
- 16mm x 400mm Hole Brush 71B16$4.92Out of stockModel: 71B16 QCode: 160279
- 18mm x 300mm Hole Brush 71B18$10.13Model: 71B18 QCode: 160278
- 20mm x 400mm Hole Brush 71B20$10.29Out of stockModel: 71B20 QCode: 160276
- Hole Cleaning Pump 71HCP for chemical anchoring$34.39Model: 71HCP QCode: 160280
- M8 x 110mm CHEM STUD ANCHOR KIT SS316 CHISEL POINT X 10pc$22.43Model: CSCPA408110-10 QCode: 162263
- M10 x 130mm CHEM STUD ANCHOR KIT SS316 CHISEL POINT X 10pc$33.93Model: CSCPA410130-10 QCode: 126982
- M12 x 160mm CHEM STUD ANCHOR KIT SS316 CHISEL POINT X 10pc$63.48Model: CSCPA412160-10 QCode: 162260
- M16 x 190mm CHEM STUD ANCHOR KIT SS316 CHISEL POINT X 10pc$122.50Model: CSCPA416190-10 QCode: 162261
- M20 x 260mm CHEM STUD ANCHOR KIT SS316 CHISEL POINT X 10pc$289.55Model: CSCPA420260-10 QCode: 162262
- M24 x 300mm CHEM STUD ANCHOR KIT SS316 CHISEL POINT X 5pc$218.50Model: CSCPA424300-5 QCode: 162264
Chemical Anchoring is another option when in comes to fixing into concrete, brickwork, or any masonry substrates It gives you more flexibility compared to a mechanical fastener. A resin which is a chemset adhesive is used to fill up the hole in concrete and then a Stud or Threaded Rod or a Rebar is used to fix dipping into the chemical. It can be used in hollow bricks or irregular concrete as well since the chemical fills up and spreads to every corner of the concrete providing with 100% coverage area, hence giving better adhesion. When the Chemical dries up it holds the Studs and the concrete togetherand it is almost impossible to remove.
With the mechanical anchor for example sleeve anchor it has only got few stress points where the sleeve is in contact with the concrete. While in chemical anchoring the stress is divided through out on the anchor which makes it much safer.
It is considered extremely efficient when fixing in to soft or brittle concrete or where you have risk of cracking it like if you are drilling close to the edge. Since it does not involve any anchor or screw bitting into the concrete and only relay on adhesion of the chemical it is considered extremely strong and reliable.
When using chemical anchors, you can be more flexible with the load bearing capacity as compared to mechanical anchors. With mechanical anchors each size requires a specific embedment and have a maximum load bearing capacity which is not the case with chemsets. You can drill a deeper hole with the same thickness of the stud and increase load bearing strength. You get a bit of time to adjust the stud before it completely dries and sets up. Setting up time is dependent on the chemical properties, environmental conditions etc.
When fixing into hollow bricks the nylon mesh sleeves are very handy in containing the chemical and keeping the stud erect in one position. The mesh sleeve comes in different sizes corresponding to the stud size to be used. Since its nylon you can decrease its length by simply cutting the access. When you are using sleeve you the pre-drilling size is usually two size up from the stud you are using. For example, if you are using M12 stud so you will be drilling 14mm hole if not using sleeve but a 16mm hole if using a sleeve. Its very efficient if you are installing an anchor on the vertical wall. It makes sure the anchor doesn’t slack or repositions itself in the hollow brick.
Chemical anchoring offers versatile usage such as retaining walls, joists, posts stirrups, signage, tracks, shelves, etc. Very popular among Plumbers, Landscapers, Carpenters, Builders, Frame workers, Concreters, roofers etc
What The Fastener Factory Stocks
The Fastener Factory stocks an extensive range of Galvanized, Stainless Steel and Zinc Studs and threaded rods. The Chisel point studs are for external use comes in Hot dipped galvanised and Marine Grade Stainless Steel. Comes in sizes ranging from M10 to M24 with lengths going from 85mm to 300mm with a corresponding length to each size of stud. The threaded rods come in zinc, stainless and hot dipped galvanized in 1m and 3m lengths. Ranging from M4 to M20 and few special-order sizes.
The nylon mesh sleeves come in sizes ranging from M12 to M20 and lengths from 50mm to 130mm.
Hole wire brush is also used to clean the hole prior squeezing chemical into it.
We have got few options with the chemset adhesives as well. The industrial grade Mungo MIT-SE Plus Vinyl ester Mortar and MIT-SP Polyester Mortar comes in 300ml Cartridge to fit standard caulking gun and in 400ml Cartridge to fit a bigger caulking gun. We also stock Soudafix Vinyl ester Chemical in a 280ml cartridge to fit standard caulking gun.
How to Install