Browse by type:
- Mushroom Nail In Anchors 6.5mm X 38mm - 100 pc$12.65Model: NIAM065038-100 QCode: 126874
- Alloy Nail In Anchors 5mm X 22mm - 100 pcDon't pay $12.65Regular Price $12.65 Special Price $10.18Model: NIAA05022-100 QCode: 124942
- Stainless (304) Pin Round Nail In Anchors 5mm X 25mm - 100 pc$17.25Model: NIARA205025-100 QCode: 126984
- Round Nail In Anchors 5 X 25mm - 100 pcDon't pay $5.75Regular Price $5.75 Special Price $5.00Model: NIAR05025-100 QCode: 126774
- Mushroom Nail In Anchors 5mm X 25mm - 100 pc$5.75Model: NIAM05025-100 QCode: 126807
- Countersunk Nail In Anchors 5mm X 25mm - 100 pcDon't pay $10.40Regular Price $10.40 Special Price $9.68Out of stockModel: NIAC05025-100 QCode: 124242
- Round Nail In Anchors 5 X 40mm - 100 pc$6.90Model: NIAR05040-100 QCode: 126773
- Mushroom Nail In Anchors 5mm X 40mm - 100 pc$6.90Model: NIAM05040-100 QCode: 126775
- Countersunk Nail In Anchors 5mm X 40mm - 100 pcDon't pay $10.80Regular Price $10.80 Special Price $9.97Out of stockModel: NIAC05040-100 QCode: 124241
- Stainless (304) Pin Round Nail In Anchors 6.5mm X 25mm - 100 pc$22.77Model: NIARA2065025-100 QCode: 126985
- Round Nail In Anchors 6.5 X 25mm - 100 pc$8.97Model: NIAR065025-100 QCode: 126772
- Mushroom Nail In Anchors 6.5mm X 25mm - 100 pc$8.86Model: NIAM065025-100 QCode: 126875
- Alloy Nail In Anchors 6.5mm X 25mm - 100 pc$13.80Model: NIAA065025-100 QCode: 126806
- Countersunk Nail In Anchors 6.5mm X 25mm - 100 pcDon't pay $14.40Regular Price $14.40 Special Price $9.82Model: NIAC065025-100 QCode: 124240
- Alloy Nail In Anchors 6.5mm X 32mm - 100 pc$16.10Model: NIAA065032-100 QCode: 126872
- Alloy Nail In Anchors 6.5mm X 38mm - 100 pc$18.40Model: NIAA065038-100 QCode: 126871
- Countersunk Nail In Anchors 6.5mm X 38mm - 100 pcDon't pay $16.25Regular Price $16.25 Special Price $10.84Model: NIAC065038-100 QCode: 124239
- Stainless (304) Pin Round Nail In Anchors 6.5mm X 40mm - 100 pc$25.30Model: NIARA2065040-100 QCode: 126986
- Round Nail In Anchors 6.5 X 38mm - 100 pc$11.25Model: NIAR065038-100 QCode: 126771
- Round Nail In Anchors 6.5 X 50mm - 100 pc$13.29Model: NIAR065050-100 QCode: 126770
- Mushroom Nail In Anchors 6.5mm X 50mm - 100 pc$14.13Model: NIAM065050-100 QCode: 126873
- Alloy Nail In Anchors 6.5mm X 50mm - 100 pc$25.30Model: NIAA065050-100 QCode: 126870
- Countersunk Nail In Anchors 6.5mm X 50mm - 100 pc$11.25Model: NIAC065050-100 QCode: 124238
- Mushroom Nail In Anchors 6.5mm X 75mm - 100 pc$25.19Model: NIAM065075-100 QCode: 126983
- Countersunk Nail In Anchors 6.5mm X 75mm - 100 pcDon't pay $25.20Regular Price $25.20 Special Price $23.24Model: NIAC065075-100 QCode: 124237
- Mushroom Nail In Anchors 6.5mm X 100mm - 100pc$35.44Model: NIAM065100-100 QCode: 126754
Nail In Anchors
The Nail in Anchor (Nail In Plug) is used for lightweight anchoring into solid masonry and hollow wall applications. The nail in anchor is simple to use and ideal for a variety of applications. The Nail in Anchor can be difficult to remove. It is availble with a standard zinc pin or a stainless pin for use in marine applications. It is also available in a wholly metal pin anchor for heavier anchoring applications. Please see attached table on each item for grip range, drill size and hole depth.
NAIL IN ANCHORS
Nail in anchor is a two-part concrete fixing which is used for light weight fixings into solid concrete. It is basically a Metal Nail inside a Nylon Anchor which is installed into a pre-drilled hole. You put the Nail In Anchor in the hole and using a hammer insert them in. When the nail slides into the anchor it expands and grabs onto the concrete.
Its mostly used for semi-heavy objects such as small shelves, hanging mirrors, light duty curtains etc. Their design is based on the expansion of the anchor inside the concrete, so they are considered very safe and eliminates the risk of nail sliding out by weight. The Nail In Anchors are best to be used in Solid Concrete as they do not work well in Hollow Bricks or Hollow Walls. They do not have an excessively big head they can be fixed on very confined spaces as well.
It is an immensely popular choice of concrete anchor withElectricians. It is very handy to be used on the electrical sockets, Cable Clips and Clamps etc. Other tradies like Carpenters have found them particularly useful to fix shelves or laying tracks for sliding doors or windows. They are very versatile and can be used in different applications. Many Concreters, Plumbers, Landscapers, Cabinet Makers, Painters etc use them quite frequently. They can be used for indoor and outdoor signage. The Zinc ones are only to be used internally while the Stainless ones are ideal for outside usage.
Nail In anchors go by various names in the market some of the common names for them are, Knock Ins, Tappets, Pin in Anchors, Metal Hit Anchors, Nail on Pin Drive Anchors etc.
What The Fastener Factory Stocks
The Fastener Factory stocks Nail In Anchors from Hobson Engineering and Bremick Fasteners.
They are available in Mushroom and Round Head in different sizes. Mushroom Heads are wider than the round heads hence giving more surface coverage. The Round heads can be recessed in as well if required.
We basically have two most common thickness of the Nail In Anchors 5mm and 6.5mm. These comes in two common lengths of 25mm and 40mm(38mm). The 6.5mm ones goes to 50mm, 75mm and 100mm. The recommended pre-drilling size is the same as anchors diameter.
We do have a Stainless Steel 304 nail in anchor in which the nail is made of 304 Stainless going in the same nylon anchor. The are available in round and mushroom heads as well.
We also have Countersink Head Nail in Anchors. The are ideal if you are fixing door or window tracks as you need a flush head, so it does not hurdle the sliding. They come in 5mm and 6.5mm thicknesses in 25mm and 40mm lengths.
We also stock the Alloy Nail In Anchors which are heavy duty version of the Nylon ones. They have Zinc Alloy Body rather than Nylon giving it more structural integrity. These are only available in Mushroom heads in 5mm x 22mm and 6.5mm x 25mm, 32mm, 38mm and 50mm. The most popular use for the alloy steel metal pin nail in anchor is for gate tracks installed by fencers.
How to Install